YOURE TWO INCHES TALLER THAN ME IM SO MAD
new roommate likes Sherlock which is disappointing but i might just have gotten her into Elementary
So apparently iCloud was hacked and pretty much every female celebrity’s nudes were leaked. I’d like to remind my followers not to post them, because they’re supposed to be private, and just because some asshole leaked them doesn’t mean you should make it worse by spreading them around.
actual photo of me in the future
- Sexism - and the word “men” - groups together white men with men of color, cis men with trans men, abled men with disabled men, etc. It means that a a queer trans man of color can oppress a white cishet woman.
- Heterosexism - and the word “heterosexual” - groups together cis men, cis women and trans/nonbinary people, white people and poc, abled and disabled people, etc. It means that heterosexual disabled working class women of color can oppress abled white middle class gay cis men.
- Cissexism - and the word “cisgender” - groups together cis women with cis men, white people and poc, abled and disabled people, etc. It means a cisgender lesbian woman of color can oppress a white trans man. (You know? I bet this is an argument that radscums actually use.)
- Ableism - Okay you get the point
- Classism - Or so I hope
- Ageism - Because this is ridiculous
Why is this ridiculous?
- Because this is not how intersectionality works
- Each term represents one axis of oppression
- No one term can take all axes into account
- Nor should it, otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to talk about the oppression of any specific group
- No one axis of oppression trumps all others
- To say that monosexism inherently and necessarily trumps all other axes is to derail the discussion
- Is a black lesbian trans woman privileged over a white bisexual cis man? Of course not.
- But that is not the question
- The question is: is a black lesbian trans woman privileged over a black bisexual trans woman?
- Take a look at some of our statistics, and then think about that.
- Then take a look at how I, the person who wrote the monosexual privilege checklist, wrote, time after time, about how the list is meant to draw attention to straight people and away from gay and lesbian people.
- Then take a look at my book, which includes the list, and is about intersectional bisexual politics, with chapters about how monosexism works at intersections between bisexuality and women (including trans women), men (including trans men), trans and nonbinary people, and people of color.
- And was written by a bisexual genderqueer disabled person/woman of color.
- Then after you acknowledge all that, maybe we can start having a discussion.
[Note: I trust tumblr will ignore this post much like any other that I make about monosexism and monosexual privilege because I guess I’m making too much sense? But - just in case it gets around, know that I may not be following up, as per low spoons. Hate to my ask box will be deleted.]
The get to know me meme
Tagged by insulinjunkie
Rules: Just insert your answers to the questions below. Tag at least 10 followers.
I managed to unpack my things and have my apartment completely decorated within 24 hours
I didn’t manage that in nine months last year
asexual? no you misheard me, i’m 'eh?'sexual, i’m only attracted to canadians
Collegehumors’ new video is on point as always
It’s even funnier when you see the White Tears in the comment section saying EXACTLY what the actors say in the video.
I’m sorry, but if lesbians can control themselves in a girls only changing room with ass naked woman waltzing around. Then I figure men should be able to control them selves with clothed girls walking down the street. Just a thought.
I went into a random dream town and this person has a chair, a box of tissues, and a picture of Carlton in their basement.